quatschmitsauce

Bücher, Bücher, 100000 Bücher

The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America
Tony Goldwyn, Erik Larson
The Attack
Katherine Applegate
The Bone Dragon
Alexia Casale

Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception

Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception - Maggie Stiefvater Really, where are the half-star ratings? I want to give 2,5!!I like Maggie - as a person (oh, nothing good can come out of that sentence :D). Maggie is funny, geeky and can play the bagpipes. What more can you hope for in a woman? Nothing, amirite?Her blog is made of awesome, she seems to be such a cool person (and drives an awesome car).I read Shiver last year, as a rebellious act against the Twilight movement. It was alright (I'm going to read Linger too) but as I mentioned several times before: I'm not that much into paranormal young adult romances. I HATE TWILIGHT, just sayin'.Where was I? Oh yeah, Maggie's books. Well I thought it was a good idea to read more of her books since I like her sense of humour and her blog.That's the problem with me and buying books. I assume stuff. This time it was "Oh, Maggie is great, the book must be great, too". Very dumb naive, I know that.I should've known better or at least read the blurb (yes, you may judge me) because that would've meant that I had seen this:[...:] will appeal to readers of Nancy Werlin's Impossible and Stephenie Meyer's Twilight seriesYou can guess my reaction. Well, I didn't burn it but procrastinated the reading. A few days ago I finally worked up the courage or will or whatever you want to call it and started reading. After a few pages I wanted to put it away. It is the same self insert as in the Twilight crap! You can't imagine how disappointed I was because I like Maggie. It's like reading Mary-Sue fanfiction. Y'know, an ordinary girl being ordinary. Then a superhot paranormal dude comes along and thinks she is the most beautiful thing on god's green earth. Superhot!dude is in danger to be punished for his three day long yet 4eva lasting love for normal!girl. Throw in a best friend who is suddenly in love with normal!girl and lots of clover et voilà you have your completely average ya novel for teenage girls between 15 and 17.